Wednesday, October 3, 2007

DISASTER


So we got a letter in the mail from the UTA transportation people. It stated in the letter that it has been determined that they will need all or some of our property for the trax station they are building. This rumor has been going around ever since we moved into this house and we never paid any attention to it and passed it by as just a rumor. After the letter came Jason still brushed it aside and didn't even call the number it said to call....SO I DID. The lady told me, in so many words, that they needed all of our property and they will be bulldozing our house within the next 6 months and they will be relocating us....which means we are kicking you out find another place to live! I was mortified! This is my house! My memories! How can they do that....well they can and they are. So to say the least we are house hunting which can be somewhat fun and stressful at the same time. Perhaps it is a blessing, you never know how the Lord works. I have definitely come to know in the last couple years of my life He works in mysterious ways to say the least! Good bye House! :)

8 comments:

Poohbear said...

Change can be good Shannon. I bet you will love your next house more than the house you are in.

Joseph Jenkins said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me, Joe, I didn't know that Tara was logged in instead of me.

Jen said...

You will find a house that will be even better! I would take anything and everything you can out of that house if they are just going to destroy it! Take your cupboards! If only we could find the people that use to live in our house! They are really good at taking anything they can find! But you can come stay with us if need be! I hope you guys stay close in West Jordan! I'll be sad if you move far far away!

Jenny said...

What a catchy Title Disaster, how fun. Not fun that your house is being over taken. Fun for us we get to distroy it before the buldoze it. Painting party yeah. You will find a great ward and a great house with people that have the same age children as you do. It will be great. jenny love you

Callie said...

You know, this is probably a blessing in disguise, regardless of the memories you're leaving behind. It'll all work out, you'll see! I am sorry that they're taking your home.

Sami said...

Please tell me that they are giving you big bucks for taking your house. As far as I know I think they have to. I am really sorry to hear about the situation but how fun to start over. You could always move to Alaska!

Ally said...

Shanny, I'm sad that you are moving but hopefully you'll stay in the same area. I can't believe that they can just tear down a house. DEFINATELY....take it all! Good luck in the searching. I don't envy you for having to look for a new home. Love you, Allyson

Wilsons said...

Shannon-that is terrible! I hope you guys can find a good new house that you can call a home. Good luck. We should really get together sometime once you have gotten over the stress of having to find a new home.