Thursday, January 8, 2009

How do I return a kid??



So is there a way to, ya know, take one back...ya know a return policy or something...do they come with a warranty...I've decided 2 is just too much! :) Everyone told me the transition from 1 to 2 kids is easy and that going from 2 to 3 is hard...ummmm if that is true I guess I better stop at 2. You probably all think I am a big wuss but dang it, it's hard! The other night it took Jason and I like 2 hours to get through a 30 minute tv show! And yesterday I decided I had the courage to take both kids to target just to run in and out real quick...I mean how hard could that be? Apparently VERY. I think it took us at least an hour to even get out the door. After working up the nerve to actually leave the house I got us all dressed, coats, shoes, put Cambri in her seat...she poops...get her out change her followed by her pooping AGAIN the second I get a new diaper on her. Then she's hungry I feed her, meanwhile Carter takes his shoes and socks off!(that I just put on him). I thought okay stay calm, you can do this. After a couple Carter fits I Finally get us all ready to go again ...SUCCESS we made it to the car with only one casualty, losing a binkie under the car which Carter thought was almost the end of his world. When we got to target I whipped out my new fabulous sit n stand stroller, get the kids in it, continue to calmly stroll through the store constantly almost killing Carter for escaping every 5 seconds and hiding in clothes racks. There was no room in the stoller to put the things I wanted to buy so in between grabbing Carter and making sure Cambri was covered up and not to hot or cold I was diving for merchandise and glaring at anybody who dare look at me! Needless to say we made it home from a trip that should have taken 45 minutes about 3 hours later with the confirmation I'M NOT READY TO LEAVE MY HOUSE YET! :)

Disclaimer: I love my kids and am happy I have them! :)

10 comments:

The Oldroyd's said...

I am so sorry. I have had those moments. (Not that I am an expert, ya know I have only been doing this for almost 3 months) But it seems to get easier. I wish you the best and better Target trips!
Love ya!
Dani :)

Jen said...

That's why baby #2 is still in brain storming mode. This scares me and also reminds me of the trips out with just Brylie that would take me an hour to leave the house. I can only imagine what 2 is like...you are brave and I will just borrow Cambri for now. You will be a pro by the time my 2nd comes along so you can sympathize and give me all the tricks!

ashlan said...

I still don't leave my house, Ryker is a monster!

Jenny Bebel said...

I so remeber the first outing with two by yourself. I felt the exact same way. Its gets better. Well I can't say every shopping trip but maybe half and half or maybe you just learn to deal with it and ignore the people who are giving you the looked like you are crazy and your children are out of control!

Jaime said...

Oh Shannon I am so sorry! I promise it does get easier and no need for the disclaimer. We all know you love your kids. We have all had those moments when we have thought "what on earth was I thinking leaving the house, am I mad????" Don't be discouraged, it will get easier.

Jeff and Nanci said...

Maybe I don't want another. I never had to worry about it being a big deal with Bailey, Brady and Gracie. Bailey and Brady are my life savers with Gracie. They are my in house sitters. I guess I really should think twice about adding one more. I'm sure your trip turned out just fine, but I do understand the looks and stares from other people. You just want to drop kick them(the starers not your kids)across the store til they can't see you or your kids anymore. Lol. Just think, you are all broke in for the next trip to the store.

Jenny said...

That is so funny, ha ha. I admire your courage. You are out numbered, Kids 1 shannon 0.

jolley time said...

SO I have looked into it and there is no return policy on children. I understand having a little buyer's remorse, however I can say it does get better I promise. I'm not sure if the kids get better or if you just get better at pretending that you don't hear them crying. Hang in there i Swear you will survive. By the way everyone said that to me about three kids being hard then two and i think I might have to get therapy when we have another which wont be for a while. your pics are great and your kids are beautiful. We love you guys hope to see you soon.

Callie said...

Seriously, I think that was the funniest thing I've read all week! It made my day...knowing I'm not the only one who thinks outtings are completely insane! I have to say three wasn't my hard number, it was number four that threw me for a loop. So there's hope that your third will be a piece of cake. And you know, I think you're brave for going out already anyway. Grief, you just had her, so hurray's for you for trying. I can't really say it gets easier, but as others said you just learn to adjust and it'll seem like second nature pretty soon, so hang in there. And poo-poo on anyone who stares. Give them the death glare Shan, and I promise they won't look again! On the up side, you will look back and laugh at these experiences, beleive it or not. I am sorry you had a traumatic shopping trip. I think you're a brave woman. What woman isn't when taking children out in public? :)

Anonymous said...

I should have warned you. I seriously have had so many instances like that I cannot even count, and adding to that now I have lost Jay at least 3 times and Nick maybe 4 times( no more than 15 min). I don't know how its done but somehow people get through the baby stage. It gets better just may take a few years. He he