Saturday, February 21, 2009

We did it!

We made it! I honestly didn't think we would but we survived our broken leg tragedy! I didn't think we would make it through the tylenol with codeine that made him itch and act strange, or the baths with 2 inches of water and a garbage bag over his cast, the sleepless nights, teaching him to crawl, to walk, to move and most of all the tears of frustration. But we did...Carter got his cast off a couple days ago! I've never been more excited for anything in my life. The night before it felt like christmas x 10! And now my sweet little boy is back...his happy little spirit is back! The day or two before we went to get it off he kept saying to me "cast off". I'm so proud of him, he did so well! We had to teach him how to walk again for the 3rd time when he got it off and he is still limping a little but his little baby leg has seemed to heal perfectly. He is running and jumping and it is a joy I have not experienced. One of the best feelings a parent can have. Jason and I just need to work on letting him be his crazy self and not freaking out everytime he moves! When we got home I filled the tub up to the brim and filled it with bubbles and let him stay in for as long as he wanted, which was a long time. Here are a few pictures of our journey!


























Learning to walk!





















































Waiting for the doctor































































































We did it!














My happy boy!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest little sast ever... but it is so sad at the same time! hey we want to be added my email is jaybird4_14@hotmail.com

Phillips Family said...

Um, the utah utes cast is a no go with me. I was fully expecting to see a BYU cast...what the heck!! Happy to see that he is back to full strength, and that he will soon be running you ragged.

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Chandler is so out of control i thnk i might like the cast for a few days just to get him to sit still! I love the pic of him naked with the cast, so cute!!

Jenny Bebel said...

I bet it was so good to get that cast pff. i ca't even imagine dealing with a 2 year old in a cast. He is so cute!

Malisa said...

What a cuties you have! Sorry I couldn't make it to Jennys party last night. My little girls ended up getting sick. I hope you guys had a great time. I can't wait to hear about it and see pics.

Malisa said...

I also want to be included when you go private! mkarren@ubtanet.com

Brittany Oler Photography said...

Shan,
I am so glad that its all over. He is such a cute little guy! We need to get together sometime. Add me so I can see your blog.