Sunday, March 8, 2009

When it Rains it Pours...

Our little Angel Cambri was admitted to Primary Chidren's Hospital last Wednesday with RSV. She was so sick. We took her to their emergency room late Monday night where they did some tests and she tested positive for RSV. We finally got back home about 4 am, hoping she wouldn't get to much worse but she did. Tuesday night we were back in an emergency room in Orem to get her suctioned out, that night she cried all night long. Wednesday we took her into our pediatrician and he sent us straight to Primarys again. She looked awful and was dehydrated, not eating...she looked so sick. We spent all day in the ER that day. They did more tests on her...poking her, needles, tubes. I've never been so scared, I just wanted to take it all away so she wouldn't have to do it. The doctor came in and told us they wanted to doa spinal tap because she is so little they needed to rule out menangitis and any other sort of infection. I cried and cried and then left the room while Jason stayed with her to get the spinal tap. My poor little baby. I love her so much. She was admitted to the hospital and we stayed there for a hard two days and two nights. We had great nurses that took good care of us and I am so grateful to be home with my healthy happy baby! I am grateful I got to walk out of that hospital with a healthy baby cause I know many people don't get that. Cambri I love you so much. My love grew 1000x for you this week and will just keep growing! We are so glad to have you back home and getting better.

5 comments:

The Oldroyd's said...

We are so glad that she is home now. I hope you all stay happy and healthy.

Phillips Family said...

We hope all is well. Sick kids are no fun. You are in our thoughts.

Jenny Bebel said...

So glad she is ok.Rsv is so scary. First broken leg and then RSV. I can't imagine I would be a wreck after all that! Take care. Hopefully no more trip to the hospital

Travis and Nikki said...

I hope all is going better. RSV is scary. I love looking at your blog and I am so glad that you found mine. How did Jen's party go? I thought about her all day. Sorry I didn't make it. I didn't want to drive alone. I Love you Shannon. Take care nik

Jen said...

I'm so glad she is well. I feel bad that I didn't help at all. It reminded me of Brylie's experience last year. She had a double ear infection and had to stay at Primary's over the weekend. I was in California the whole time with cheerleading. Kind of glad I wasn't there because I would have been bawling and not able to be in the room either. RSV is so scary. I'm glad you guys pulled through!