Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another Year


How can it be another year. How could a whole year have passed again without my mom. Two years ago today she left. I cannot believe it. I am waiting for this shocking feeling to go away. It comes and goes. I still don't understand when and how it will get better. I have been dreading this date. Wondering what to do, where to go, how to act. Do I give in and just cry all day...do I not think about it? I mean I hate this day with every part of my being. Hate it. I don't want to celebrate this day. I don't want to remember this day. I want this date to drop off the calendar. I know its just another day...but it is the day she left for good. It is the last day I got to be with her and hold her hand. I just hate it. After a lot of thought I decided to just not think about it today, I think that is the advice my mom would give me, so I spent a few hours with my sisters which is always fun and then my sweet husband took the day off to just be with me. He took us to the dinosaur museum which Carter absolutely loved and it made me happy seeing him play. Then he took us out to dinner. It was a good day. Being with my family is my favorite thing. Now as I am getting ready to go to bed I can't help but think about my mom. I love her so much and hope that everyone that still has their mom here with them doesn't take a moment of it for granted. You never know what life will bring you. Your life can be turned upside down in a matter of seconds. Mine was. I am grateful for those people I still do have in my life. I love my kids and my husband and would not still be here if it weren't for them. I decided to post this picture of my mom and my sweet baby boy Carter. She only got to know Carter here on earth for 4 months of his life. And I will cherish every second of those 4 months I was able to see her special love for him and the 25 years I got to spend with her by my side. I miss you more than I can bear mom. I love you. ~Shanny Babe~

4 comments:

Alix Hart said...

Oh, Shannon, I love you and your sisters so much. I hate that you have to go through this and wish there was something that I could do that would even help. I love your mom, too and know she is in the most beautiful place teaching the angels to dance more gracefully and leap a little higher. That's one of the many things she taught me and I will cherish her memory as well. You're in my thoughts and prayers to be blessed with the stregnth you need to get through this.

ashlan said...

Take the opportunity to celebrate what an amazing person she was. Go do something that she would have wanted to take her girls to do shopping, dinner ect. You and your familky are in our thoughts!

Jenny Bebel said...

I know excactly how you feel it almost seems like this 2nd year has been harder than the first. I don't know if its because first year you are in such shock that it just doesn't really feel like it happened that it was just a bad dream but now its like they are really gone. I have this great quote I have been wanting to give you everytime I think about you my husband found it after his best friend past away its by Joseph Smith and its one of my favorite. i can't remeber it off the top of my head so I will email it to you when I get it from my hubby he is currently out of town. I hope and pray you are feeling comfort in those hard times. I am so glad you have such a great family support that makes difficult times a little easier to handle!Know that you are in my prayers!

Callie said...

Shannon, I love you! My thoughts and prayers are always with you and your family. I still always amazed at how strong all of you are. I know our Heavenly Father will bless you abundantly for your unwavering faith and strength. Please know how much I love all of you!