Thursday, April 23, 2009

Here we go again...

So I guess we should move so we live closer to an aray of hospitals since we make regular visits there! Yep we are headed to the hospital again tomorrow morning 6 am! I hate it! I am sick to my stomach about it. This time we are going for Carter to get some dental work done cause he has loser parents that let him go to bed with juice for 2 years!!! And he takes after me and likes his candy! I'm such a loser, I know better than that. But regardless, I am scared to death. They have to put him completely out under a general anesthetic. So from what I am told...they take him back in a wagon through the double white doors and won't let me go with him. Then they put a mask over his face and 5 breaths later he's asleep...can you say awful!! I can't stop thinking about it, feel like throwing up. Anybody wanna tell me that I'm over reacting and this is no big deal!!

8 comments:

Ashley and Brett said...

Oh Shannon, I'll keep your family in our prayers! Good luck with it. My nephew had to do this and it all turned out ok, scary at first, but it was OK!!!!
My sis had to hold him while they knocked him out, she says if you don't have to watch it, its for the best. Let me know if you need ANYTHING! LOVE YA!!!

Jen said...

You will be o.k.! And so will Carter! They will take good care of him. I don't have anything to tell you about your nerves. I would also be sick and feeling like I was going to throw up. Why does he have to go to the hospital for dental work though? I need to make Brylie a dental appointment ASAP. I'm lucky...she likes juice and will brush her teeth with some encouragement. Good luck!

Jeff and Nanci said...

No I would feel the same way. I am so sorry you have to go through that. I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted. Good luck Carter! I am trying so hard not to put gracie to sleep with her juice too. I guess now I will try harder. I usually use water, but sometimes I give in.

The Oldroyd's said...

I would be the same. Half the time I cry just when my kids get their shots. Good luck, he will be in good hands though. You are in our thoughts. Let us know if you need anything. Good luck little Carter.

Crystal said...

It is always hard when it is your own child no matter what, but know that the hospital will take very good care of him!!! Sometimes it helps kids if they have a cute bear or something with little hospital scrubs on it or just there favorite toy for when they wake up. Hang in there let me know if I can help in anyway!

Callie said...

I've had a few of those hospital visits myself already, and they are scary. Aiden had surgury at Primary Childrens, and they were wonderful. They'll take good care of Carter. You'll be more nervous than he will be! :) But you're both in my prayers, just the same. Love you!

Alix Hart said...

We have to go next month to Primary Children's to have Soren operated on and I have been a mess. Eric keeps reassuring me things will be just fine. He works with anethesiologist and cuts people open everyday and assures me that it's really not that big of a deal and everything will be fine. So I'll pass he assurance on to you if it helps any. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Tina said...

Yikes, what did they have to do? That is always scary, sounds like they took him to the "Rootbeer Room" Ethan just had three cavities so your not alone... I hate brushing their teeth.