Wednesday, January 2, 2008

CHRISTMAS







As I am sure all of you can imagine, Christmas and all the holidays were very hard this year. I know they will be for the rest of our lives, having to have them without our mom who was the center of our family. I am so proud of my entire family for getting through them this year. That is the only thing we expected of eachother was to get through it. And we did. I know I have said this before but I have learned so much about my family and they are the most amazing people I know. If you told me we would have to endure a tragedy, like the loss of our mother from this life, I would have told you we would become depressed people who could only manage to stare at the wall. But we are hanging on and enduring and living. I can't even begin to think of the right words to describe how amazing my little brother Casey is. He is serving on a mission right now and while he is out there in the mission field without any of his family or friends and enduring this entire event while being there he is the one that is giving us hope and strenthening our faith. He reminds us to be happy. He is incredible. It is all due to my wonderful parents and especially my mom for all she has taught us. They taught us to be happy! There are so many ups and downs but we are finding the ways to keep living even if at times we no longer want to. We keep eachother afloat. Anyway we made it through Christmas this year and survived. I know my mom is proud of us. I love you mom!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That was really nice shannon. Mom is proud of us I sensed her the smorning telling me that this is just a little part of the whole plan. We are induring well i feel and we are stronger than i ever imagined we are. Love you

Anonymous said...

We are so strong and together we will make it. Not many people have an angel watching out for them as we do. Love ya