Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The House Update

It has been awhile since I have updated anything. I guess getting through the holidays was all I could muster out of myself. Just thought I would give an update on our whole house disaster situation. It actually has been a blessing. The Trax has treated us very well and taken good care of us so far. They are giving us a good amount for our home (more than we could ever think about selling it for in this market) So that is great, plus additional relocation benefits.

We were a little concerned about being able to sell this house when the time came, due to the train tracks being so close, so it is nice to not have that to worry about, even if we weren't quite ready to move yet. We are closing on our house in a couple days. We have been looking at homes for a long time now and have found some promising ones. I have prospects taped up all over my office. But for the moment we have put house hunting on hold....BECAUSE for the past year we have been building a spec home in Saratoga Springs planning on putting it on the market and making money on it by selling it. Well the market has taken quite a turn since and our odds aren't looking so promising on actually getting the spec home sold. It is a beautiful home. I mean BEAUTIFUL! 1/2 million dollar home but the area is overdeveloped right now and just growing to fast. Anyway what I am getting to is if we don't sell this spec home by April we plan to move into it. Ahhh! Yes scary...the house is wonderful like I said but we are hoping to just sell it and be able to buy a home in the valley. Jason and I are not good travelers, so commuting isn't the best plan for us...not to mention we aren't in the situation to afford that kind of a house....so if that ends up happening I will take donations of FOOD! :) :0 ;) So anyhow that is the update with that. Trax is allowing us to rent our house back until April. So we are stuck here until then. I love this house but I am in moving mode so I am ready to get going wherever we are headed. I have lost the desire to maintain my house and clean it and stuff...which is not like me and not a good thing! Its driving me crazy. I feel very disorganized. I know it will work out how it is supposed to. Everything has happened to perfectly for all of this to be a coincidence, I believe we are meant to be somewhere else! :) Stay tuned to see where the Kidman's end up...and hopefully its not homeless! he he

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Well you will never be homeless shan you can always move into our basement with the spiders. he he I know things will work out for you. you are being helped no matter what happens so hang in there. k