Friday, March 28, 2008

New Adventure


I would like to let everyone know I have started a business with a great friend of mine, Amber Rausch. It is called Forever Christine Tutus! It is in honor and memory of my mom! How perfect is that. We make custom tutus for all your little princesses! It is so much fun. It has been so therapeutic for me. Everyday I get to see my mom's name. Everytime I make a tutu I think of her. I get to talk about her and share my her legacy with strangers. I know she would be amazed and so proud. My mom danced her whole life and taught me everything I know. Dance is one thing that has connected us through the eternities. This is her logo she drew many many years ago for all the dance adventure she embarked on. Now it is our logo! A few months ago I also got this logo tatooed on my ankle. Might sound silly but it has special meaning to me that I can't explain. I know my mom would laugh (and forgive me for doing it.) I couldn't be happier with it though.
So for those of you with little girls....you know who you are....yes I am talking to you! You need a Christine tutu! Something to give to your daughter and send you a reminder of how miraculous a relationship is between mother and daughter. We are just getting up and started. We are doing tutu parties, so if any of you would be willing to host a party (you get a free tutu) let me know. Or if you just want to order a tutu let me know and I will give you all the details. Those of you who live out of state....are not off the hook I will ship it to you! Love you all. Thanks for your support in my healing! Love Shannon

3 comments:

Ginnie said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom! And I checked out your tutu blog... those are so cute!

Thanks for your comment on my blog, you're too sweet! I made my header in photoshop (it's a similar idea to digital scrapbooking). I downloaded the paper from shabbyprincess.com and then put it all together. When I was done I resized it to fit my blog header and then saved it as a jpg. Then I just added the image to my header. Not sure if that makes sense, but it was pretty easy to do. As for the pictures on the side, I pretty much did the same thing. Hope that helps!

Alix Hart said...

Hey there, I was just reading the anniversary stuff and can't believe a year has come around. You and your sisters are trully amazing for have you've handled and delt with a crazy year. I hope in that position I could only handle it as gracefully. How is the new house? Well, we found out we're having a boy so we're adding another turkey to the clan. Keep in touch!

Stephanie R. said...

Shannon, I love your blog! You have such a beautiful son! Your tutu making is such an amazing idea... such an amazing tribute to your mom... as she was truly amazing. I can't wait to get one for my little girl (someday when I have one!).

Stephanie