Monday, August 25, 2008

BIG BOY BED!



I have been dreading putting Carter into a big boy bed for about 6 months now. I could not imagine how on earth he would stay in a bed he could climb out of! I thought for sure when we made the change that would be the end of our good sleeping habits and fabulous naps forever! I will need the crib when the baby comes and I wanted to do it before so that Carter has plenty of time to get used to the change before we bring a newborn baby into the scenerio...not to mention he is climbing out of his crib onto his dresser and getting books off his bookshelf!...Finally we decided our luck was running out and if we didn't convert his crib into a toddler bed we'd be sorry when he took a nose dive off his dresser and we ended up in the ER or something! So we did it! To my utter astonishment Carter has done FABULOUS! From day one he goes straight to bed stays there and when he wakes up he climbs out and walks out his door. Its adorable! Success at the Kidman Home! Hopefully we will have the same success when we take the crib out completely and put him in a real big boy bed! ...coming soon...

No comments: