Monday, August 25, 2008

LAGOON STRIKES AGAIN



Just thought I would briefly mention our first family outting to Lagoon this last weekend. Perhaps some of you will learn from my HUGE mistake. Saturday morning some friends of our gave us free lagoon tickets. How can you pass up free right?....I now know that you should actually PAY someone to not let you take an almost 2 year old to Lagoon. :) It was pretty awful. Let me just lay it out. There were a billion million people there. We had to wait in line to get into Laguna Beach! When we finally got in and got all changed and rented our tube and got into the water...Carter freaked!! He hated it. Wouldn't even touch the water. He had not had a nap yet which made things worse. But hey its Lagoon who needs a nap! Disaster...so 10 minutes later we packed up and ditched laguna beach. We tried to go on a few rides but ended up leaving because the lines were so ginormous and a look of terror came over Carter's face everytime we got close to a ride. I talked Jason into trying at least the sky ride! No harm right. Jason was terried of Carter falling through the bottom of the chair but I assured him we would all be fine. We got to the very top of the ride and it stopped for I swear what seemed like forever. Carter then began to sign to us "ALL DONE"! We were like no no Carter you can't be "all done" when you are 300 feet suspended above ground. We made it out in one piece with vice grips on Carter and all the color drained from our faces. We did make it onto the little train which rode past a bunch of empty cages. Yahoo. It was now 7 and Carter along with Jason and I were done for. We ran over to Pioneer Park to get some dinner where Carter zonked out in my arms. So to sum it up we drove all the way to Lagoon to sit on the grass, walk in and out of Laguna Beach, be terrifed on the sky ride and experience an empty train ride...Note to self never take an almost 2 year old to Lagoon. :)

9 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh I am sooo sorry! That sounds miserable! I love that picture of Carter with the huge eyes though!! Was it on the train?

jones family said...

Shannon you are a great mommy for taking carter to lagoon,and so brave i hate lagoon to begin with let alone take a little guy there, so considering that i think that your day at lagoon sounded pretty good we probably wouldn't have even made it through the ticket line. My little Karter loves watermelon too he can down it... be happy and keep smiling!!! i will call you sometime i just live in Henefer which is up by morgan and park city so we should meet up in salt lake or something for lunch one day i don't work i just stay home with my little guy so you let me know when is good and we will get together
thinking of ya take care

AEllsworth said...

That did sound like arough day, but your story telling had me laughing. Reminds me of oh so many family adventures we've had. Addox still hates the log ride & many others. :)

Michelle said...

Awesome!! :)

Sarah Romer said...

Shannon! Hi! I was so glad to hear from you....don't you just love blogs? Anyway, I am putting you on my list. Hope you don't mind. Your little guy is so cute...even if he wasn't in love with lagoon. :) And I love love your tutus. I will definitely keep you in mind for presents and if I ever am lucky enough to get a little girl.

Jenner said...

Yes, lagoon is no fun with a 1 year old, I could have told you that!! You need to consult your ever wise sister before you make any more family outings. Ha ha

Tina said...

Hey Cute Girl!! We were at Lagoon on Saturday too. I wish I would have run into you and we could have let our almost two year olds terrorize eachother... It was so nice to hang out with you last night let's do it again for sure!!!

jones family said...

thanks i think our pictures turned out ok. we usually just go to kiddie kandids cause kyles uncle owns it, but i wanted them taken out side so.. but yea we will for sure get together after i get back from Hawaii i will call/text you when i get back

Anonymous said...

You write very well.