Monday, July 14, 2008

Yes I Am...


PREGNANT! As some of you are aware. I still can't believe it. I mean how can you get pregnant if you don't plan it. Guess I need to go back to Health Class. Well I am pregnant. I was mortified when I took that test and saw that plus sign. I was not ready to be pregnant again. Some people can do it but I just was not ready. I mean Carter just began to sleep through the night like a month ago!!! Hello... don't I get a break here. I cried for a few days but after I wrapped my brain around it I accepted it. I mean that is one thing you can't do anything about. It has been a rather rough pregnancy. I was particularly sick at the beginning which I do not remember the first time around. Perhaps I just blocked it out. And no doubt I am an emotional basket case! And I am not exaggerating at all on that one. On a mental and emotional and grieving level I was not ready to be pregnant and deal with the horomones and challenges of pregnancy plus my existing issues. However, saying all of that I am grateful. I feel like I don't deserve another Angel from heaven but I am grateful. I know how hard it is to get a baby sometimes, so I will be happy, terrified but happy.

I am close to the half way mark. We will find out what we are having in a few weeks. I will be happy with whatever I am given...I mean you have no choice in the matter. With that said, I would like a girl cause if I have a boy it will have to be nameless because I have not a clue what I would name another boy. One was all I could come up with I guess. :) Oh and here is the note I left for Jason the night I took the pregnancy test. I think it is hilarious now, however at the time not so funny!!!

7 comments:

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you guys! This baby will be so blessed to come down to your incredible family!

Jaime said...

Congratulations! You will do great! Just some words of encouragement - Gage didn't sleep through the night until he was 10 months old. I thought I would never sleep like a normal person again because I got pregnant with Max when Gage was only a year old. Max however was the best baby! He was always so mellow (still is) and the best part, he started sleeping through the night at TWO months! There is hope. You will do just fine.

Jeff and Nanci said...

Hi Shannon, So I guess I'm a little out of the loop. No one has told me you were prego. I'm so excited for you! I know boy or girl it doesn't matter, but I want you to know girls don't pee everywhere when you change their diaper!! So I will root for a girl for your sake. I hope you are doing well. I don't know if sickness has been a problem for you, but it was for me and I hope you are over that part by now. I loved the email you put on you blog from your mom. So sweet! She is a beautiful person and always knew just what to say and when to say it. I'm glad you got to read that, it sounds like you needed it at that moment. I love you and hope to see you soon. Love Nanci

Shannon said...

Thanks Nanci,
You are so sweet.

Jen said...

I love the letter you wrote to Jason! I was wondering if he fished the stick out of the garbage...that would totally be an awkward moment! But congrats again...it will be awesome!

Karissa said...

I LOVE the note! That's hilarious!

It was great meeting you at the reunion. You and Jason can visit us (and have a free place to stay) anytime! :-)

Jenny Bebel said...

That is so exciting two is fun. Its nice when they get old enough to play together it gives you a little more free time!You will do great!