Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Celebration

We had to celebrate Casey's arrival home, plus he made it very clear he wanted a vacation to make up for any vacations we had gone on without him. So a week after he got home we took off on our trip to California. We spent the first day in Disneyland and then headed down to Indio to stay at this beautiful resort. It was a lot of fun to be with our family and to have Casey there! (Did I mention it was a kid free vacation!) Yipee! So here are lots of pictures of our trip!






Jungle Safari...I safe ride for me.



This is Jason trying to successfully take a picture of himself with the safari animals in the background...impressive huh?!



We ate at the Blue Bayou...way to expensive and elite for my taste...my salad came out looking like a head of lettuce...Joe had to cut it up for me so it looked like a real salad!



Tryin to fatten little missionary boy up!



We ate so much and felt so sick afterwards!!



Yep got pushed around Disneyland all day in a wheelchair...so embarassing! Good thing though cause the next day I almost went into labor...my family made me go on Splash Mountain twice!! I think they forgot I am 8 months pregnant! However, fortunatley for me I am still with child...yeah for me! :(



Nearing the end...Jenny's reaching her witching hour (for those of you who know her you know exactly what I am talking about! ha ha



Everything was decorated all christmasy...it was way fun to see it look different that usual. Made me excited for christmas.



Jason claiming to see a shooting star...of course there are shooting stars, You're in Disneyland, the happiest place on earth!

6 comments:

The Oldroyd's said...

How fun. I LOVE Disneyland. It really is the happiest place on earth. Glad you got to go (kid free- except the one in your belly) and spend time with Casey.

Phillips Family said...

Been here done this...we went to the Blue Bayou too...it was way cool, but too much money.

Ally said...

I love all the pictures and fun stuff! You've had an eventful time the past month! Wow! And more to come. Can't wait to see the little girl that's coming to your family! You look fantastic! I'm jealous! I look like a large tub of goo and you look like a goddess! No fair! Love you, Allyson

Tina said...

Shannon you are so cute!!! I wish I could have been pushed around in a wheelchair all day. We missed the Christmas decorations by a few days.. I bet it was amazing!! I'm glad you guys found something fun to do.... Oh and Splash Mountain I can't believe you went on that.....

Jen said...

I'm so jealous! I want to go to Disneyland so badly! Some time next year hopefully! What a wonderful treat for Casey to come home and to have no kiddos! I'm glad you had a good time...however, the best rest is not a good thing! No more rides for you!

Anonymous said...

I love all these pictures Shan... it was so much fun... we made some good memories. Love you